Bodnant Garden (which is owned by the National Trust) is one of the most spectacular and admired gardens in Britain.
The Bodnant Garden is located next to Bodnant Garden Centre and Bodnant Craft Centre and is run by the National Trust.
Bodnant Garden Centre works together with Bodnant Garden to produce plants, which are then sold through Bodnant Garden Centre Plant Shop.
Bodnant Garden National Trust is open 362 days a year.
Winter opening hours are 10.30am to 4pm
National Trust website: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bodnant-garden
Bodnant Garden was voted the winner of “The National Trust Gardens Award” by National Trust members and visitors, and separately it was voted “The Favourite Garden in the Country” by Daily Telegraph readers.
It was created by successive generations of the McLaren family, but was primarily the creation of the 2nd Lord Aberconway (Henry McLaren) who gave it to the National Trust in 1949.
Highlights of the Garden include:
- the grand formal Terraces facing south-west across the River Conwy to Snowdonia
- the Pin Mill, an elegant Georgian building which in 1939 was moved from Gloucestershire to Bodnant Garden
- the famous Laburnum Arch, a curved walk about 55 metres long covered with laburnum which produces a magnificent cascade of long yellow flowers in late May / early June
- the Dell, a deep valley with numerous streams, towering trees and rhododendrons
- the design of the Garden and the vast collection of plants, including four National Collections, which ensure colour and interest at all times
The Hall is not owned by the National Trust and is not open to the public.
Bodnant Garden National Trust contact details are as follows:
Garden Tea Rooms
The licensed Pavilion Tea Room is located in the car park adjacent to the Garden entrance. Catering for a wide range of tastes and prepared to high standards of culinary excellence the menu covers light lunches and main meals, including vegetarian options, a variety of teas and coffees with a good range of soft drinks. The cake and pudding selection is always popular, and all food is freshly prepared using locally-grown food and ingredients.